eToro Key Features
The eToro exchange is a robust and feature-rich platform that offers multiple unique products and services. Below we have curated a list of eToro’s key features and products.
- Multiple Asset Types: On eToro, users can buy and sell six asset classes including crypto, stocks, indices, commodities, fiat currencies and ETFs.
- Cryptocurrency Staking: Stake Cardano, Tron or Ethereum on eToro for various yields depending on your membership level.
- Copy Trader: eToro users can automatically mimic the trades of other successful investors. Through Copy Trader, users can see the investors risk score, fail/success ratio and more transparently.
- Virtual Trading Platform: Practice trading multiple assets with paper money on eToro demo account feature, which allows you to trade up to $100K in virtual cash.
- 0% Commission: There are zero fees to invest in stocks or ETFs on eToro (crypto assets incur a 1% fee).
- Social Trading: The platform offers an in-built news feed where users can communicate with each other to discuss trades, insights and strategies.
- Free Insurance: European, UK and Australian clients' funds are covered up to 1 million EUR/AUD/GBP per person.
- Professional Account: eToro provides a ‘professional client’ feature which is only available to experienced traders and financial professionals that have more than $500,000 in their eToro account.
DISCLAIMER: Cryptocurrency offered by eToro USA LLC (“the MSB”) (NMLS: 1769299) and is not FDIC or SIPC insured. Investing involves risk, and content is provided for educational purposes only, does not imply a recommendation, and is not a guarantee of future performance. [Insert Affiliate Name Here] is not an affiliate and may be compensated if you access certain products or services offered by the MSB and/or the BD.
Is eToro a safe platform?
eToro takes the safety and security of its users very seriously. The platform uses robust encryption technology to protect all personal and financial information. As a further measure of security, it offers the option for users to enable two-factor authentication for their accounts. This adds an extra layer of protection by requiring a unique code in addition to your login credentials.
In addition, eToro is regulated and licensed by several financial authorities, including the Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission in Europe, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority in the US, the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK, and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. These regulatory bodies implement strict guidelines to ensure that eToro operates in an ethical and transparent manner.
Lastly, the exchange has been operating for over 15 years and has never once been the subject of a cyber attack or hacking incident, proving it is battle-tested and a high-security exchange.
eToro does not have high fees in comparison to other popular trading platforms. Its fees schedule includes spreads, overnight fees, withdrawal fees, and cryptocurrency trading fees. The platform doesn’t charge anything on deposits or stocks & ETF trades. Refer to the below list for a quick overview of the exchange's costs.
- The spread is the difference between the buy and sell price on a trade, and eToro's spreads can vary depending on the particular asset being traded.
- Overnight fees are charged for keeping positions open past market closing times, with different rates for long and short positions.
- Withdrawal fees are capped at $5 per transaction.
- Cryptocurrency trades will incur a 1% flat fee anytime you buy or sell a token.
- There is a $10 monthly inactivity fee if you don’t use your account for over 12 months.
How to contact eToro customer support
eToro offers some of the most useful and responsive customer support out of any exchange globally. In fact, the team has achieved an incredible 4.3 stars from 17K reviews on TrustPilot. Customer support can be reached 24/5 via its Live Chat feature, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and through its online ticketing system.
On top of that, eToro also has various online communities for its users to join including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok. These are the only official social media platforms that eToro have, they are not currently on Reddit, Telegram or Discord.
eToro Mobile App
In addition to the eToro web platform, there is also a mobile application version of the exchange. The mobile app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android devices. The app is currently ranked #63 overall in the Finance category and rated 4.3 stars from 2K reviews on the Apple App Store. On the Google Play Store it is rated 4.1 stars from 125K reviews.
The eToro application offers the same functionality and UI as its web counterpart. Users can check their portfolio, open positions, access Copy Trader and the in-built social media platform, all on the go!
What is eToro’s Copy Trader feature
The Copy Trader feature allows users to automatically copy the trades of other successful traders on the eToro platform. This means that users can easily diversify their portfolios and benefit from the expertise of top-performing traders without having to actively manage their own trades. Users can filter potential "Copied Traders" by criteria such as overall performance, risk score, and trading experience.
Additionally, users have the option to set a maximum amount they are willing to invest in each copied trader, as well as adjust or stop copying at any time. It’s a convenient way for investors to gain access to diverse strategies. Furthermore, there are no additional fees to use this feature, it is completely free of charge.
Is eToro available in my country?
eToro is currently supported in over 140 countries globally. To see if you can use eToro in your country, visit the Restricted Jurisdictions list.
To conclude, eToro is a prominent multi-asset trading platform available in more than 140 countries, offering a wide array of investment options. With unique features such as Copy Trader, staking, and a virtual trading platform, eToro caters to both beginners and experienced traders. The platform emphasizes safety and security, being regulated by multiple financial authorities and providing robust encryption technology. Moreover, eToro offers competitive fees and exceptional customer support, making it a reliable choice for investors looking to diversify their portfolios and benefit from an intuitive trading experience.
Disclaimer: eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.
Cryptoassets are highly volatile and unregulated in the UK. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.