Summary: The Avalanche Fuji Testnet is an EVM-compatible testnet for the Avalanche ecosystem that allows developers and users to safely test applications. In order to add the Fuji Testnet to your MetaMask, you will need to connect to it by adding the verified RPC and Chain ID information to your wallet.
The easiest way to do this is through the ChainList App. ChainList is an EVM mainnet and testnet information aggregator that collects all the verified RPC and Chain ID information and stores it one easy to find user interface. You can continue reading our guide to get started in seconds.
How to Add Avalanche Fuji Testnet to MetaMask
As outlined above, the easiest way to add the Fuji Testnet to your MetaMask Wallet is via the ChainList App. They are a verified source for EVM network information, including testnets like the Avalanche Fuji chain.
You can connect to Avalanche Fuji in 3 simple steps with this guide:
- Connect your MetaMask Wallet to ChainList.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to find 'Avalanche Fuji Testnet'.
- Click on the 'Add to MetaMask' button, and the verified RPC information will be automatically added to your extension.
What is Avalanche Fuji Testnet?
The Avalanche Fuji Testnet is a public test network that allows developers and users to experiment with Avalanche's features and functionality in a safe and sandboxed environment. The Testnet is named after Mount Fuji, a symbol of endurance and strength, to emphasize the robustness of the network.
Developers can use the Testnet to build and test their decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts before deploying them to the mainnet. It also allows users to test new features and functionality without risking their assets on the mainnet.
How do I get AVAX Faucet Tokens?
To get AVAX Faucet tokens to use on the Avalanche Fuji Testnet, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official Avalanche Faucet website at https://faucet.avax.network/.
- Connect your wallet that supports the Avalanche network. The website currently supports MetaMask and the Avalanche Wallet.
- Once connected, you will see a prompt to prove that you are not a robot. Follow the instructions to complete the captcha.
- After successfully completing the captcha, click on the "Request AVAX" button to receive free AVAX tokens. You will receive a small amount of AVAX (usually around 0.05 AVAX) for free.
- The tokens should be credited to your connected wallet within a few minutes.
Note that the amount of AVAX you can receive from the Faucet is limited and varies depending on network conditions. The Faucet is intended to provide users with a small amount of AVAX for testing and experimenting with the Avalanche network.
Adding Avalanche Fuji Testnet to your MetaMask wallet is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few simple steps. The Avalanche Fuji Testnet is an excellent tool for developers and users looking to test their applications and experiment with Avalanche's features and functionality in a safe and sandboxed environment. Using the ChainList app to connect your wallet to the Testnet, you can access all the verified RPC and Chain ID information with ease.
Once connected, you can use the official Avalanche Faucet website to get AVAX Faucet tokens to test and experiment with the network. Overall, this guide provides a practical and simple approach for anyone looking to test and experiment with Avalanche's ecosystem.