Top Crypto Trading Platforms in Greece
We conducted a comprehensive evaluation of over 50 cryptocurrency exchanges to determine the best options for Greek investors. During our analysis, we considered critical factors such as compliance with Greek regulations, the range of assets offered, user-friendliness, deposit options in EUR, and fees, among others. As a result of our research, we present to you a closer examination of the top five cryptocurrency exchanges in Greece.
eToro leads the Greek crypto exchange market with an extensive selection of over 3,000 assets, including cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, currencies, indices, and ETFs. Distinct features such as Social Trading, Virtual Accounts, and access to up to 10x leverage set eToro apart from rivals. They are also highly regarded for their competitive pricing and narrow spreads on assets.
Regulated by the HCMC and ESMA, eToro has gained the trust of over 30 million users across Europe, including Greek investors. The platform's user-friendly interface and cost-efficient EUR deposit options through SEPA transfers, online banking, and debit cards make eToro the top investment platform in Greece.
- Fees: Free deposits & withdrawals, 0% trading fees and a 1% spread.
- Supported Assets: 70 cryptocurrencies, 3000+ stocks, 18 indices, 27 commodities, 49 fiat currencies, and 300 ETFs.
- Regulation & Licensing: European Securities & Markets Authority (ESMA), CySEC, the FCA and other key regulators.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, Greek language support, email & online ticketing system.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, SEPA, Credit/Debit Card, Klarna, Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal.
Uphold is the best alternative exchange for investors in Greece to safely buy, sell and trade over 250 cryptocurrencies. The platform is headquartered in London and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which is the gold standard for regulatory approvals in the European region. Uphold offers free and instant Euro deposits from all Greek Banks and payment methods including SEPA Transfer, Debit Card, Credit Card, Google Pay, Apple Pay and more.
We consider Uphold as a top platform due to their high security and regulatory standards, which included them being the only platform with audited proof-of-reserves. This means that they provide real-time data that shows they always keep customer funds in cold storage and full reserved 1:1.
- Fees: Zero trading fees and tight spreads. Zero deposit & withdrawal fees via bank transfer.
- Supported Assets: 250+ Cryptocurrencies to buy, sell and trade.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated and Licensed in Europe by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat and email.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, SEPA, Google Pay & Apple Pay.
Bybit is a cryptocurrency exchange based in Singapore but is offers services to Greece residents, and the platform can be used in Greek. It supports futures trading of 300+ coins with up to 100x leverage. One of Bybits biggest advantages is that it doesn't require KYC to sign up, which means you can get started with an email address and password without needing to verify your identity.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free and there are 0.1% fees on spot markets and the maker/taker rebate is 0.01%/0.06%.
- Supported Assets: 400+ cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Not regulated by any government authority (hence no KYC requirements).
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, ticketing system & phone.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Wise, Credit Card, Debit Card, SEPA, Paysera, Bank Transfer, Revolut, iDEAL, Maestro & Google Pay.
Binance is a popular cryptocurrency exchange that is known for its high level of security and has become one of the most widely used exchanges in the world, with over 120 million users globally. The platform can be used in Greek, and it offers Greek customer support. It offers users a wide variety of trading types, including spot, margin, derivatives, options and futures markets.
- Fees: Deposit & withdrawal fees vary depending on your method and are between 0.5% - 1.8%. Spot trading is 0.1% and the derivatives maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.04%.
- Supported Assets: 350+ cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated by the CySEC.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email & online ticketing system.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Advcash, Etana, Bank Transfer, SEPA & Credit/Debit Card.
Bitpanda is a popular cryptocurrency exchange based in Vienna, Austria, but regulated by the Financial Market Authority (FMA) of the country. It's easy-to-use and beginner friendly, offering competitive fees and fast deposit/withdrawal times. It also offers user-friendly features such as mobile apps, market data charts and a free wallet. The platform is available in multiple languages, including Greek.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free on Bitpanda and trading fees are 0.2% - 1%.
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: 200+ cryptos including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated by the Financial Market Authority (FMA) of Austria.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 customer support via live chat, email and social media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank transfer, Debit/Credit Card, NETELLER, Bank Wire and PayPal.
Is Crypto Legal in Greece?
Yes, cryptocurrency is legal in Greece. The current framework of cryptocurrency regulation in Greece is nuanced, falling under multiple authorities. The Bank of Greece oversees financial activities and, while not directly regulating cryptocurrencies, has highlighted their associated risks. Additionally, Greece's regulatory framework is shaped by EU-wide directives, with the European Central Bank (ECB) and the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) contributing guidelines and statements about cryptocurrencies.
How to Buy Bitcoin and Crypto in Greece
If you're a newcomer planning to invest in digital currencies in Greece, follow this detailed step-by-step guide for secure and legal transactions:
- Choose a trustworthy exchange: Pick a platform that complies with Greek regulatory guidelines, such as those highlighted in our guide.
- Register: Sign up using your email, set a strong password, and complete KYC procedures if required.
- Deposit EUR: Add funds to your account through local bank transfers, debit/credit cards, or digital wallets.
- Acquire crypto: Select the desired cryptocurrency and quantity, then confirm the purchase.
- Protect your assets: Move your digital currencies to a crypto wallet for enhanced security.
By adhering to these steps and opting for a reputable exchange, you can safely purchase cryptocurrencies in Greece.
In conclusion, cryptocurrency investment in Greece is accessible with a clear legal framework for digital assets. Our thorough analysis of over 50 cryptocurrency exchanges has identified eToro, Uphold, Bybit, Binance, and Bitpanda as top platforms for Greek investors. These platforms comply with the regulations and guidelines set by the Bank of Greece and other relevant EU-wide bodies.
Remember, while buying Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Greece is legal, it's crucial to follow our detailed guide to ensure secure and compliant transactions. Always opt for a trustworthy exchange, follow necessary KYC procedures, and secure your digital assets in an offline crypto wallet.