How to Buy Boston Dynamics Stocks

How to Buy Boston Dynamics Stocks

Get an in-depth look at Boston Dynamics - valuation, funding, and IPO prospects. Stay ahead in the robotics investment game.

Summary: Boston Dynamics, a robotics industry leader, is privately-owned, making its stocks inaccessible to the public. Its main funding sources include founder Marc Raibert and major stakeholders like Hyundai Motor Group, with a valuation of $1.1 billion.

Though an IPO hasn't been formally announced, the firm's rapid growth in robotics and AI suggests it's a potential future move. Investors keen on the robotics industry should closely monitor Boston Dynamics for any developments towards a public listing.

Content Guide

Can you Buy Boston Dynamics Stocks or Shares?

No, Boston Dynamics is not a publicly traded company, and as such, its stocks or shares are not available for individual investors to purchase. Boston Dynamics, renowned for its advanced robotics technology, was founded by Marc Raibert in 1992. The company focuses on creating and innovating robots that outperform humans regarding agility, dexterity, and speed.

The primary funding for Boston Dynamics comes from private investors and parent companies, including significant investments from SoftBank and Hyundai Motor Group. Many are eager to see if Boston Dynamics might decide to go public in the future, allowing wider access to its shares.

Buy Boston Dynamics Stocks

Will Boston Dynamics IPO?

At present, Boston Dynamics has not publicized any concrete plans for an Initial Public Offering (IPO). As a leader in the robotics industry, specifically in developing agile, autonomous robots such as Spot and Atlas, Boston Dynamics has captivated substantial attention. 

Despite the intrigue from potential investors, the company maintains its privately-funded status, possibly strategizing an IPO in the unforeseen future. This allows Boston Dynamics to concentrate on pushing the envelope in robotics technology and perfecting their biomechanically adept robots, without the added pressures of public shareholders.

Who Owns Boston Dynamics?

Hyundai Motor Group owns a majority stake in Boston Dynamics. The robotics firm was founded by Marc Raibert in 1992, and it was later acquired by Hyundai in a deal valuing the firm at $1.1 billion. Hyundai now holds an 80% stake in the company, with SoftBank retaining the remaining 20%.

Hyundai, a global conglomerate with interests across automotive manufacturing and advanced technology, leverages Boston Dynamics' capabilities to build a robotics value chain spanning from robot component manufacturing to smart logistics solutions. Boston Dynamics, a leader in creating agile, mobile robots like Spot® and Stretch™, benefits from Hyundai's vast resources and industrial expertise, thereby supporting their expansion and the development of innovative robotics solutions.

Boston Dynamics Stock Price

Boston Dynamics was valued at $1.1 billion by its private investors, including Hyundai Motor Group. However, considering the exponential growth and advancements in the robotics and AI sectors, many industry experts predict a substantial increase in its valuation by 2023. Given the company's ongoing developments in artificial intelligence and robotics, Boston Dynamics' market value is expected to have risen significantly.

Bottom Line

In conclusion, Boston Dynamics remains a privately-held company, with its majority stake owned by Hyundai Motor Group. Its shares or stocks are not available for purchase by individual investors as it has not yet gone public with an IPO. With the company's focus on advanced robotics technology, its value has been steadily increasing, as reflected in its estimated 2023 valuation. While the potential for an IPO remains unclear, the intrigue and anticipation among potential investors continue to grow, fueled by the company's innovative developments in the field of robotics and AI.

Frequently Asked Questions

Got More Questions? We've Got Answers:
A Guide to Commonly Asked FAQs.

Can I buy Boston Dynamics stocks?
What products does Boston Dynamics offer?
What is Boston Dynamics' current valuation?