Top 5 Crypto Trading Platforms in Finland
We assessed more than 20 crypto exchanges to identify the leading options for investors in Finland. Our evaluation took into account critical factors such as adherence to Finnish regulations, accessible assets, user experience, deposit methods in EUR, fees, and other aspects. Based on our analysis, here is a list of the top five exchanges in Finland.
eToro is the top overall crypto platform in Finland, offering investors the ability to trade a diverse range of asset classes, such as cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, currencies, indices, and ETFs. Its innovative social trading features, including Copy Trading, and a Virtual Account that enables users to practice trading with up to €100K in virtual funds, make eToro the best overall cryptocurrency exchange for investors looking for a comprehensive and user-friendly trading experience.
The platform is our top recommendation for Finnish investors because they provide quick and affordable Euro (EUR) deposits via SEPA Transfer, Finnish online banking services, Debit Card, and other popular methods. They also boast industry-leading fees with zero upfront commissions and competitive spreads.
- Fees: Deposits & withdrawals are free (SEPA transfer) and crypto trades are subject to a 1% spread.
- Supported Assets: 70+ cryptocurrencies, 3000+ stocks, 18 indices, 27 commodities, 49 fiat currencies, and 300 ETFs.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated & Licensed by the European Securities & Markets Authority (ESMA), CySEC, and the FCA.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support through live chat, email, and an online ticketing system with native Finnish language support.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, SEPA Transfer, Finnish online banking services, Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, and Sofort.
Uphold is considered to be the most secure and trustworthy exchange in Finland and Europe. It is the only platform that undergoes external audits to prove their proof of reserves are always held 1:1. It offers crypto trading and staking, plus a crypto card. To learn more, visit our detailed Uphold Review.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free, except card deposits which have a 2.49% fee. Trading fees vary between 0.8% - 1.2% depending on the asset.
- Supported Assets: 250+ cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), and approved to operate in Finland.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 Live Chat, Email, Online Ticketing System and Social Media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, SEPA, Google Pay & Apple Pay.
Bybit is one of the largest global exchanges that is available to use in over 180 countries including Finland. It can legally operate in many countries as it does not require KYC. It offers the most features out of any exchange and if you would like to learn more, visit our detailed Bybit Review.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free. Spot trading fee is 0.1%, and the futures maker/taker rebate is 0.01%/0.06%.
- Supported Assets: 400+ cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Not regulated hence KYC is not required.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 Live Chat, Email, Online Ticketing System, and Social Media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Credit/Debit Card, Maestro, Google Pay, Wise & Zen.
Kraken is another popular global exchange that does not require KYC (for withdrawals up to $1000 per day). It is a platform that is well suited for both beginners and experienced traders as it offers two platforms, a beginner's exchange and an advanced trading platform.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals vary depending on the method. Spot trading fees are between 0.16% - 0.25%. The futures maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.05%.
- Supported Assets: 180+ cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated by FinCEN, and approved to operate in Finland.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 Live Chat, Email & Social Media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, SWIFT, SEPA & Credit/Debit Card.
Northcrypto is the largest cryptocurrency exchange that is based in Finland. Although based in Finland, we do not recommend using it as it only supports seven tokens and offers no additional features outside of buying and selling crypto.
- Fees: Deposits are free, and withdrawal fees vary depending on the asset. Trading fee is 1%.
- Supported Assets: 7 cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated by the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority
- Customer Support Options: Live Chat, Email, and Social Media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer.
Is Buying Crypto Legal in Finland?
Yes, it is completely legal to buy and sell cryptocurrency in Finland. Cryptocurrency exchanges are regulated by the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority (FIN-FSA) and must comply with current regulations in order to operate legally.
In addition to the FIN-FSA regulations, crypto transactions in Finland are subject to the same anti-money laundering (AML) compliance requirements as other financial services. As a result, any company offering digital currency services must have a license from the FIN-FSA or applicable foreign authorities.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, Finland offers a variety of secure and efficient cryptocurrency exchanges, adhering to ESMA regulations and enabling investors to safely trade and invest in digital assets. The top five exchanges, including eToro, Uphold, Bybit, Kraken, and Northcrypto, cater to a range of investor needs and preferences.
These platforms support multiple deposit methods, offer competitive fees, and provide various trading options, making it easy for investors to navigate the crypto landscape in Finland. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced trader, these Finnish crypto exchanges provide a reliable and user-friendly experience for your crypto journey.