Top Crypto Trading Platforms in Thailand
We have compiled a list of the top Five Best Crypto Exchanges in Thailand after conducting a thorough evaluation of various important factors. Our analysis took into consideration supported features, regulatory compliance, available tokens, user-friendliness, THB deposit options, and more.
Bybit is the best Cryptocurrency investing platform for Thai traders as it does not require KYC (identity verification) in order to trade spot or futures markets. It is a highly secure exchange that provides regularly updated proof of reserves, which highlights that they always hold users' funds 1:1 on the platform. Additionally, Bybit can be used in Thai and offers 24/7 Thai-speaking customer support, which is rare for a global digital asset exchange. It also supports the widest variety of Thai Baht (THB) payment methods, and even accept cash deposits via its P2P marketplace.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free, but Crypto withdrawals have a small fee. The spot trading fee is 0.1% and the futures maker/taker rebates are 0.01%/0.06%.
- Supported Cryptos: Trade 400+ Cryptocurrencies & stake 280+ tokens.
- Regulation & Licensing: Unregulated hence no KYC requirements, but provides proof of reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, and a variety of social media platforms such as Twitter, Telegram, & Discord.
- THB Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, True Money, K Bank, PayPal, Cash & Wise.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange you can visit our Bybit Review.
OKX is another great option for Thailand residents and is one of the only other global digital asset exchanges that can be used in Thai and offer Thai-speaking customer support. It is a licensed and regulated platform that offers a vast array of features which include spot and futures trading, staking options, loans and lending services, an NFT marketplace, a DeFi hub with their native Crypto wallet, OKX Chain, and OKB token. The exchange offers a simple and intuitive UI that makes it great for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free and Crypto withdrawals are subject to a fee. The spot trading fee is 0.1% and the derivatives maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.05%.
- Supported Cryptos: Trade 300+ Cryptocurrencies & stake 200+ tokens.
- Regulation & Licensing: OKX is registered in Hong Kong and Malta, and provides proof of reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, and social media platforms including Twitter, Discord, & Telegram.
- THB Deposit Methods: Credit/Debit Card, Thai QR, PromptPay, K-Bank & True Money.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange you can visit our OKX Review.
Bitkub is the largest native Cryptocurrency exchange in Thailand that is based in Bangkok. It is legally recognized by the Thai SEC and is considered a high-security trading platform with advanced security measures implemented such as sold wallet storage and Two-Factor Authentication. It offers the most tokens to buy and sell out of any Thai digital asset exchange with 70 options to choose from.
- Fees: Deposits are free but THB withdrawals are subject to a 20 - 200THB fee depending on the method used. Crypto withdrawals are also subject to a small fee. The trading fee is 0.25%.
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: Trade 70 Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated and registered with the Thai SEC.
- Customer Support: 24/7 support via live chat, email, and social media platforms such as Twitter, Telegram, and Facebook.
- THB Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer.
eToro is the largest and most secure multi-asset trading platform in the world. It offers services to 140+ countries including Thailand and has over 20 million users globally. It is the oldest Cryptocurrency exchange and was founded in 2007. In addition to trading Crypto, it also offers other asset classes which include stocks, commodities, ETFs, indices, and fiat currencies. The platform provides multiple features such as Copy Trading and Crypto staking on three tokens.
- Fees: Deposits & withdrawals are completely free and crypto trades are subject to a 1% flat fee, plus a 1% - 2% spread.
- Supported Cryptos: Trade 92 Cryptocurrencies, 3000+ Stocks, 18 Indices, 27 Commodities, 49 Fiat currencies, and 300+ ETFs.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated & Licensed by the ASIC, FCA, CySEC & FINRA.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email & social media platforms including Facebook & Twitter.
- THB Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, Payoneer & Neteller.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange you can visit our eToro Review.
Binance is the largest global Crypto platform with over 120 million users in 100+ countries including Thailand. Unfortunately, it only offers a P2P marketplace for THB deposits and does not accept bank transfers or credit/debit card deposits through its exchange. It is only possible to deposit THB through the P2P exchange that they offer. However, they do accept Crypto deposits. Binance offers a variety of features which include multiple order types, several staking options, an NFT marketplace and much more.
- Fees: Deposit and withdrawal fees vary between 0.5% - 4% depending on the method. The spot trading fee is 0.1%. The future maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.06%.
- Supported Cryptos: Trade 300+ Cryptocurrencies & stake 100+ tokens.
- Regulation & Licensing: Registered in Malta but does not provide proof of reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, and social media platforms which include Discord, Telegram, & Twitter.
- THB Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange you can visit our Binance Review.
Is Crypto Trading Legal in Thailand?
Crypto trading is 100% legal in Thailand and the Thai government has taken steps to regulate the market through the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The SEC has implemented regulations to control and monitor the Crypto industry, including the requirement for digital asset exchanges to obtain a license in order to legally operate in the country.
In order to comply with these regulations, exchanges in Thailand are required to follow strict guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of their customers and the stability of the Crypto market. This includes implementing measures to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, as well as reporting suspicious activities to the relevant authorities.
Does Thailand tax Cryptocurrencies?
Yes, Thailand taxes Cryptocurrencies. The Thai government has introduced tax laws for Cryptocurrency trading, which require traders to pay taxes on their Crypto gains. The specific tax laws and regulations vary depending on the type of transaction, but in general, profits made from buying and selling digital assets are considered capital gains and are subject to personal income tax.
In some cases, other taxes may also apply, such as value-added tax (VAT) or business tax. It is important for Thai Cryptocurrency investors to familiarize themselves with the relevant tax laws and regulations and to ensure that they comply with their tax obligations.
Thailand has made considerable progress in the adoption and regulation of Cryptocurrencies, making it an attractive destination for Crypto traders. Although the Thai government still has some work to do in terms of introducing clear regulations and guidelines, there is no doubt that the industry is growing in Thailand and investors are taking advantage of this trend.
The best way for Thai investors to trade Cryptocurrencies is by using the Bybit exchange. Bybit is a global trading platform that can both be used in Thai and offers 24/7 Thai-speaking customer support.