Uphold offers a variety of services for users to buy, sell, and trade digital assets. Some of the key features of the platform include:
- Trade four asset classes including cryptocurrencies, stocks, precious metals and fiat currencies.
- Crypto staking on 23 tokens for returns up to 25% APY (Annual Percentage Yields).
- 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, phone and online ticketing system.
- Autopilot trades with automated DCA (Dollar Cost Average) trading.
- Crypto Debit card powered by Mastercard that allows users to spend their crypto, precious metals and fiat currencies on real-life purchases.
- Mobile app that is available to download on both iOS and Android devices.
- Place up to 50 limit orders with a single pool of capital.
- Seven different crypto wallets including an Ethereum wallet and Bitcoin wallet.
Regulation and Licensing
Uphold is a regulated and licensed exchange, which means that it operates under strict compliance standards and is subject to regular audits and oversight. The specific regulatory body that oversees Uphold's operations varies depending on the location of the user.
In the United States, Uphold is regulated by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and is a registered Money Services Business (MSB). In the European Union, Uphold is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK and the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) at the EU level. In Canada, Uphold is regulated by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
Overall, Uphold's regulatory status ensures that the platform operates in a safe, secure, and compliant manner, providing users with confidence in the platform's reliability and security.
The fees on Uphold vary depending on what assets you are investing in and your selected deposit or withdrawal method. Below we have provided a high-level overview of the trading, deposit and withdrawal fees on Uphold.
Refer to the below list for a comprehensive breakdown of Upholds Deposit Fees.
- Credit Card: 3.99% (credit card deposits are only available to US residents).
- Debit Card: 2.49%.
- Apple Pay & Google Pay: 2.49%.
- Bank Transfer: Free.
- Wire Transfer: $20 for $5000<, but free for >$5000.
- SEPA: Free.
- FPS: Free.
- Crypto: Free.
Refer to the below list for a comprehensive breakdown of Upholds Withdrawal Fees.
- Bank Transfer: Free.
- SEPA: Free.
- FPS: Free.
- Crypto: Fees vary on asset, view full list of withdrawal fees here.
Refer to the below list for a comprehensive breakdown of Upholds Trading Fees.
- Cryptocurrencies: In the US and Europe, the fees are between 0.8 to 1.2%, everywhere else is 1.8%.
- Precious Metals: 3%.
- Fiat Currencies: 0.2%.
- Equities (Stocks): 1%.
- Commodities: 0.65% - 3.95%, depending on the asset, view full list here.
One of Uphold's biggest selling points is it’s a multi-asset exchange that provides investment opportunities in multiple asset classes. In addition to cryptocurrencies, Uphold also offers stocks, precious metals, fiat currencies and environmental assets. There are over 210 cryptocurrencies, 50 stocks, 4 precious metals, 27 fiat currencies and 2 environmental assets. View the full list of supported assets here.
Uphold’s customer support team are available 24/7 and can be reached via the live chat feature, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone ((855) 411-2372) and through its online ticketing system.
Additionally, the team can be contacted through one of Uphold's many online communities including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Reddit.
How to open an account on Uphold
It is completely free to open an account on Uphold and the entire process only takes around 10 minutes to complete. Follow the below steps to open an account on Uphold.
- Sign up to Uphold with your email address and select the country you’re located in.
- Enter your email address, create a password, then choose your country/state and tap ‘Create Uphold Account’.
- Complete the identity verification process, once your ID has been approved, you can use the platform freely.
On Uphold, users can stake 23 different cryptocurrencies and earn yields up to 25% APY (Annual Percentage Yields). Below you will find a list of all the supported tokens and their corresponding returns.
- Kava (KAVA) - 25%*
- Kusama (KSM) - 18%*
- Polkadot (DOT) - 12%*
- Cosmos (ATOM) - 12%*
- Mina (MINA) - 12%*
- Band Protocol (BAND) - 10%*
- Zilliqa (ZIL) - 9.5%*
- Casper (CSPR) - 9.25%*
- Polygon (MATIC) - 9%*
- Injective (INJ) - 8.75%*
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) - 8.5%*
- Livepeer (LPT) - 8%*
- Flow (FLOW) - 7.5%*
- Audius (AUDIO) - 7.5%*
- Ethereum (ETH) - 7%*
- Oasis Network (ROSE) - 6.75%*
- Solana (SOL) - 6%*
- Tron (TRX) - 6%*
- Avalanche (AVAX) - 5.5%*
- Cardano (ADA) - 5%*
- Tezos (XTZ) - 5%*
- The Graph (GRT) - 3.5%*
- Algorand (ALGO) - 1%*
*APY is estimated and is subject to change.
Uphold provides a mobile application version of its exchange that is available to download on both iOS and Android devices. The Uphold app offers all the same functionality as its web counterpart, providing access to trading and staking, as well as the ability to contact support and check your portfolio. It is rated 4.5 stars from 23K reviews on the Apple App Store. On the Google Play Store the app is rated 4.7 stars fro, 32K reviews.
Uphold is a great crypto exchange for both experienced traders and crypto beginners. It offers a wide range of assets, a user-friendly interface, support for multiple currencies, and it’s a regulated and licensed exchange, which means that it operates under strict compliance standards and is subject to regular audits and oversight. Overall, these factors make Uphold a top choice for cryptocurrency traders around the world.