Top Trading Platforms in Slovenia
Our team has analyzed more than 50 Crypto trading platforms accessible to Slovenian investors and has provided a list of the top five options. The platforms are ranked according to key factors which include available features, regulatory compliance, security, functionality, fees, and more.
Below you can find an extensive analysis of the Best Five Cryptocurrency Exchanges in Slovenia.
Uphold is considered the best Cryptocurrency exchange in Slovenia due to its regulatory compliance, transparency in its assets (regularly audited proof of reserves), strong security measures, diverse features, low fees, user-friendly interface, and high liquidity. These factors make it a reliable and trusted platform for Slovenian investors looking to trade Cryptocurrencies.
- Fees: Free deposits and withdrawals. There are zero trading fees. Spreads average at around 0.5% depending on the token (industry-leading spreads).
- Supported Cryptos: 250+ Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated and Licensed in Europe & Slovenia with audited proof-of-reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, online ticketing system and social media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, SEPA, Google Pay & Apple Pay.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange, visit our Uphold Review.
OKX has established itself as a leading Crypto exchange in Slovenia, offering a wide range of trading options including spot, margin, futures, and options. It has robust security measures in place to protect users' assets and data and is completely transparent in its assets by providing proof of reserves. Additionally, the platform offers competitive fees and multiple free EUR deposit methods.
- Fees: Withdrawals and deposits are free, aside from credit/debit card deposits, which incur a 2.49% fee. The spot trading fee is 0.1% and the derivatives maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.05%.
- Supported Cryptos: 300+ Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Licensed in Malta and regulated in Slovenia, with proof of reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email and social media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, SEPA & Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Paysafe, Wise Transfer & more.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange, visit our OKX Review.
Bybit is regarded to be one of the top Crypto exchanges in Slovenia for several reasons. Firstly, it offers a variety of features which include multiple trading types, several staking options, lending and borrowing services, an NFT marketplace, plus much more. Secondly, it offers a user-friendly interface that makes trading easy and accessible for traders of all levels. The platform features a simple and intuitive design, making it easy for users to navigate and execute trades.
- Fees: Deposits and withdrawals are free. The spot trading fee is 0.1% and the futures maker/taker rebates is 0.01%/0.06%.
- Supported Cryptos: 400+ Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Unregulated hence no KYC requirements, but provides proof of reserves.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, online ticketing system, and social media (Discord, Telegram, Reddit etc).
- EUR Deposit Methods: SEPA, Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, Wise, Skrill, Neteller, PayPal & more.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange, visit our Bybit Review.
Binance is widely regarded to be the best Crypto trading platform in the world and has amassed over 120 million users. It has the largest global presence out of any exchange and is a feature-rich platform that offers derivatives, options and spot trading, leveraged tokens, and margin trading with up to 50x leverage. In addition, Binance has its own token BNB, and if staked, provides low trading fees.
- Fees: Deposit and withdrawal fees vary between 0.5% - 4% depending on the method. The spot trading fee is 0.1%. The future maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.06%.
- Supported Cryptos: 300+ Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Regulated to operate in Europe.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email, and social media.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, SEPA, Credit/Debit Card & Apple Pay.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange, visit our Binance Review.
KuCoin is considered the best exchange for altcoins due to its wide range of offerings, low trading fees, and user-friendly interface. Additionally, the platform has a strong track record of listing high-quality altcoins before other exchanges, providing its users with ample opportunities to invest in promising projects before they become more well-known.
- Fees: Free deposits & withdrawals. The spot trading fee is 0.1%, and the derivatives maker/taker rebate is 0.02%/0.06%.
- Supported Assets: 600+ Cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation & Licensing: Unregulated hence no KYC requirements.
- Customer Support Options: 24/7 support via live chat, email & through its online ticketing system.
- EUR Deposit Methods: Credit/Debit Card, Simplex, Banxa, Bank Transfer & Apple Pay.
If you would like to learn more about this exchange, visit our KuCoin Review.
Is Crypto Investing Legal in Slovenia?
Yes, Cryptocurrency is legal in Slovenia. The Bank of Slovenia (BOS) regulates the digital asset exchanges operating in the country, ensuring their compliance with regulations and consumer protection. Slovenians can buy tokens through BOS-regulated Cryptocurrency exchanges.
The bank oversees the use of Cryptocurrencies and has implemented anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations. These regulations require digital asset exchanges to comply with AML and anti-terrorist financing rules, as well as to report suspicious transactions.
How is Crypto Taxed in Slovenia?
In Slovenia, Cryptocurrency is considered as a taxable asset and is subject to income tax, capital gains tax, and value-added tax (VAT). The taxation of Crypto transactions depends on the nature of the transaction and the purpose for which it was made.
Profits derived from the sale of digital assets are subject to capital gains tax, while mining and staking activities are considered as taxable income. Additionally, VAT is levied on the sale of cryptocurrencies if they are used as a means of payment.
The Bottom Line
Slovenia is a Cryptocurrency-friendly country with a robust legal and regulatory framework in place. Slovenians are able to buy, sell, and trade digital assets on regulated exchanges with ease, as well as access numerous deposit methods. As previously mentioned, for the best overall experience, we recommend using the Uphold platform to buy and sell Cryptocurrencies.