How to Buy Crypto with PayPal

How to Buy Crypto with PayPal

Learn the essentials of purchasing Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more with PayPal, including transaction fees, limits, and user guidelines.

Summary: PayPal offers a way to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum but comes with higher transaction costs, including a trading fee and a variable spread totaling around 3% to 4%.

Bybit provides an alternative platform for purchasing a wide range of over 930 cryptocurrencies using PayPal, with a more competitive fee structure. Users can easily create an account on Bybit, select their desired cryptocurrency, and complete transactions using PayPal funds.

Top Platform for PayPal Deposits
5.0 out of 5.0 by DataWallet
Bybit stands out as the top platform for PayPal deposits due to its expansive crypto selection, low fees, and instant, free multi-currency deposits.
PayPal Deposit Currencies
Available Assets
930+ Cryptocurrencies
Supported Countries
Regulated and available in 150+ countries.

Content Guide
Daily Newsletter & Research  🗞️

Get the daily newsletter keeping 200,000 investors ahead of the market.

Your email been received!
Please double check your email address.

Can I Buy Crypto on PayPal?

Certainly, PayPal provides a facility to purchase a limited range of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. However, it is important to consider the associated costs. PayPal imposes a trading fee of approximately 1.8% and a variable spread between 1% to 2%. Consequently, the total cost of a transaction may range from 3% to 4%. This indicates that using PayPal for crypto transactions might not be the most economical option compared to other platforms.

How to Buy Crypto with PayPal

Purchasing cryptocurrencies via PayPal has become increasingly accessible, with platforms like Bybit facilitating this process. Bybit, renowned for its strong compliance with financial regulations, offers an expansive array of over 930 cryptocurrencies, including major ones like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The integration of PayPal for deposits adds a layer of convenience, streamlining the transfer of funds for crypto purchases.

For those interested in using PayPal to buy cryptocurrencies, here's a straightforward guide:

  1. Create an Account: Begin by registering on the Bybit platform.
  2. Fund Your Account: In the Bybit dashboard, locate the 'Buy Crypto' section.
  3. Select Your Currency: Choose your fiat currency and then select the cryptocurrency you wish to buy.
  4. Complete the Transaction: Proceed with the purchase, which will utilize funds from your PayPal account..
Buy Crypto with PayPal

What are the Fees?

When buying cryptocurrencies using PayPal, it's important to be aware of the various fees involved. PayPal typically charges a percentage of the transaction as a fee, which might be higher compared to direct bank transfers.

For transactions on platforms like Bybit, users are charged a low spot trading fee of 0.1% for cryptocurrency trades. While Bybit doesn't impose deposit fees for PayPal transfers, users must consider PayPal's fees, which may include charges for currency conversion and transaction processing. This fee structure is notably different from other exchanges like Coinbase, where trading fees can sometimes be over 1%

PayPal Crypto Deposit Limits

When buying cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Solana using PayPal, the usual transaction limit is approximately $1,000 USD within 24 hours. This limit is common because larger transfers may activate PayPal's security protocols, which can result in restrictions or additional verifications on your account. To prevent such issues, it's recommended to stay within this daily limit.

For individuals needing to purchase amounts exceeding $1,000, a practical solution is to distribute your acquisitions over multiple days. This strategy not only aids in adhering to the transaction limits but also ensures you align with PayPal's guidelines and usage policies, thereby avoiding potential complications.

Bottom Line

In conclusion, while PayPal offers a convenient way to purchase a selection of major cryptocurrencies, users should be mindful of the higher transaction costs and daily purchase limits. Platforms like Bybit enhance the buying experience by offering a wide range of cryptocurrencies and lower trading fees, complementing PayPal's deposit system. For those transacting large sums, spreading purchases over multiple days is a strategic way to navigate PayPal's limits and ensure smooth, policy-compliant transactions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Got More Questions? We've Got Answers.
A Guide to Commonly Asked FAQs.

No items found.