Summary: Bybit and MEXC are renowned cryptocurrency exchanges. Bybit, however, takes the lead due to its deep liquidity, extensive trading options, and robust security measures. Its regulatory compliance assures traders of its reliability. While MEXC offers over 800 crypto assets and a unique blend of KYC and non-KYC platforms, it lacks Bybit's broad deposit options and regulatory track record. Bybit thus emerges as the preferred choice for discerning cryptocurrency traders.
Bybit vs MEXC: Overview
Bybit and MEXC are renowned worldwide for their cryptocurrency trading platforms, attracting millions of users and handling billions in daily trade volume. Bybit, in particular, is celebrated for its deep liquidity on derivatives and futures trading. The platform supports various trading types including spot, margin, options, and futures, and provides up to 25x leverage across 350 cryptocurrencies. In addition, Bybit includes further features like staking and lending, and more.
On the other hand, MEXC has carved out a niche for itself as a leading no KYC exchange that incorporates a unique combination of KYC and non-KYC platforms, supporting over 800 cryptocurrencies. MEXC's hybrid model has grown in popularity, especially after Bybit introduced compulsory KYC, appealing to those users who prefer not to verify their accounts on Bybit. In addition to this, MEXC provides impressive leverage, offering up to 200x leverage through the use of its margin trading feature.
Outlined below are the primary features and distinctive benefits Bybit provides as a world-class digital asset exchange. This succinct overview, though not all-inclusive, reveals the diverse aspects of Bybit that have earned it an acclaimed position and amassed a substantial user base exceeding 15 million. For more information, read our extended Bybit Review.
- Futures and Options Trading: Supports taking long and short positions on a range of crypto assets with substantial liquidity and leverage up to 25x.
- Bybit Yield: Features fixed and variable savings options for superior returns on various cryptocurrencies and stablecoins like USDT and USDC.
- Safety Measures: Implements 2FA, multi-signature withdrawal mechanisms, and cold storage, and provides daily proof of 1:1 asset reserves audited.
- Regulatory Compliance: Unlike MEXC, Bybit has consistently adhered to regulations and has proven resilience in the marketplace.
- User Interface: Offers a neat and user-friendly interface, designed to serve advanced traders across web, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Bybit Blockchain: Actively working on a zk-rollup Layer 2 solution, "Mantle", to facilitate DeFi applications within the Bybit ecosystem.
Also outlined below are some of the unique offerings and advantages MEXC provides as a leading player in the global digital asset exchange space. This brief, yet comprehensive snapshot, underscores various facets of MEXC that have bolstered its position in the market, attracting a substantial user base. For more information, read our extended MEXC Review.
- Diverse Cryptocurrency Support: Facilitates trading for over 800 different cryptocurrencies, providing a wide selection for users.
- Hybrid KYC Model: Unique combination of KYC and non-KYC products and offerings, catering to a diverse set of users.
- Leverage Trading: Offers lower leverage trading than Bybit at 10x on assets.
- MEXC Savings: An innovative program that enables users to earn attractive returns on their digital assets like USDT with up to 8.80% APR.
- Security Measures: Prioritizes user security with 2FA, cold storage solutions, multi-signature withdrawals, and regular auditing of asset reserves.
- User Interface: Provides a user-friendly and intuitive interface, supporting all types of traders across multiple platforms - web, iOS, and Android.
- Copy Trading: MEXC allows professional and influential traders on Crypto Twitter to post their trades on MEXC Copy Trade, allowing users to follow and trade like a pro.
Bybit vs MEXC: Safety & Regulation
Bybit and MEXC are well-regarded in the community as secure and trusted platforms. This is exemplified by both exchanges hosting hundreds of millions of dollars in daily trading volume from retail and institutional investors alike. They both utilize leading-edge security mechanisms such as two-factor authentication, audited proof-of-reserves, multi-signature withdrawal protocol, and cold storage for funds.
Verdict: Considering its proven regulatory compliance, longer market tenure, and demonstrated durability, Bybit is perceived as the more secure and reliable trading platform. This makes it the go-to choice for traders prioritising security and regulatory clarity.
Bybit vs MEXC: Fees
Bybit and MEXC implement a maker-taker fee model for spot and futures trading. At Bybit, both the maker and taker fees for spot trading are 0.1%. For derivatives trading, the platform charges a lower fee of 0.01% for maker orders and 0.06% for taker orders.
Contrastingly, MEXC offers a competitive edge by charging 0% spot trading fees and a modest 0.01% taker fee. However, it's crucial to note that despite these lower charges, MEXC experiences higher spreads and lesser liquidity. This could potentially impact trade execution unfavorably, making the overall trading cost higher despite the seemingly lower fees.
Bybit vs MEXC: Deposit Methods
Bybit supports many deposit methods, including bank transfers, ACH and SEPA transfers, debit and credit cards, e-wallets, and numerous third-party payment services.
On the other hand, MEXC, while also accepting debit cards, credit cards, and direct cryptocurrency deposits, lacks the extensive array of options provided by Bybit. Hence, Bybit offers users more flexibility in funding their accounts compared to MEXC.
Verdict: Given its wider array of deposit methods, Bybit surpasses MEXC, affording users enhanced flexibility and ease of use. Therefore, it is the superior choice for users with diverse funding requirements.
In summary, both Bybit and MEXC are standout cryptocurrency exchanges, each with its own strengths. Bybit leads in regulatory compliance, security, and deposit options, offering diverse trading opportunities with strong liquidity. MEXC, with its hybrid KYC model and extensive crypto offerings, caters to those preferring anonymity and variety. While Bybit is ideal for those valuing security and regulatory clarity, MEXC attracts traders seeking diversity in cryptocurrency options. The choice depends largely on individual trader preferences and risk tolerance.